[Users] deleting message does not advance anymore

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 11 22:23:16 CEST 2016

Hi Charles,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:08:06 -0400
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:
[…]
> As this has indeed resulted in several threads in question and
> complaint of this implementation it could give notice that changes of
> this nature might be better received if done in
> Configuration/Preferences rather than "hidden preference".

If people doesn't read the release notes, do you think visibility of the
preference would be relevant? I doubt it, but of course I have no proof
like you :-)

> This is especially true since clawsker, the gui for making changes in
> the hidden preferences, only supports certain of the fields with
> 'next_on_delete' being one of the several that is not are not present.

It's supported in git version¹, and will be in next release (in 3-4
days).

regards,

¹ https://github.com/mones/clawsker/commit/e17b3e1d63124bc3543eb231da62d4037e57de5d
--