[Users] deleting message does not advance anymore

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Thu Aug 11 16:11:36 CEST 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:19:52 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:07:40 -0300
> "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > After upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 + CM 3.13.2, when I delete (DEL) a
> > message the cursor does not move to the next message anymore.
> >
> > I've searched for an option that controls this behavior and was not
> > able to find it.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any clue, if any, to return to the previous
> > behavior.
>
> Look at the manual,
> http://claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#adv_hidden
> Look for 'next_on_delete'.
>
> Read the release notes between your previous version and current
> version here: http://claws-mail.org/NEWS
> Look for 'next_on_delete'.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

So why make the default value different from the old default action?
This new behaviour of a backward step for 'delete' is a backward step.
Does no-one consider the user before making what seems to me to be a
bizarre change?

Thanks, Ethy, for raising this issue, one which has also been wasting
my time.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 13.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.14.9; Kernel: 3.16.7