[Users] Help with Claws email restoration following Windows 7 reinstall

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Aug 10 01:11:30 CEST 2016

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 19:11:51 +0100
Andy <waterhouseandy at onetel.com> wrote:

> Question is: How can I 'point' Claws email to the address book and
> Inbox, Sent and Wastebin folders on the old HDD? Or is there a different
> solution?

For mail, you should copy the whole mail folder - originally something
like C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Mail, the path will be likely
different for your old disk. Copy it to the equivalent path on the new
disk.

Then you can use "File/Add mailbox.../MH..." menu item to add it. Enter
"Mail", and Claws Mail should open and read it.

For addressbook, you will have to copy all the .xml files from your old
data folder to the new one. You can also copy the entire old
configuration folder (originally at
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail) to the new disk, and
you should have all your settings back when you start the program next.

Regards,
--
Andrej