[Users] sometimes claws forget the read-status of messages

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Aug 8 12:22:50 CEST 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 12:06:51 +0200
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> I was waiting for continuation of this, because i saw something
> similar  ... did i miss a followup mail somehow, or is tis thread
> simply kind of closed ?

Sorry, I meant to reply over the weekend, but I completely forgot, on
account of enjoying the good weather most of the time. :)

The truth is that the dot files really seem to be there:

msgcache.c:605:	Reading swapped message cache from /home/user/.claws-box/MYMAIL at WORLD.NET/notify/.claws_cache...
msgcache.c:621:using Noop Converter
msgcache.c:793:done. (283 items read)
msgcache.c:794:Cache size: 283 messages, 105710 bytes
msgcache.c:824:reading swapped mark file.
msgcache.c:918:reading swapped tags file.

I think it would take someone who knows their way around the relevant parts
of Claws Mail code, and at the same time has access to the mail files, since
the debug output is in my view insufficient - the program simply doesn't
print enough debug output in important places to determine what exactly is
wrong.

Regards,
--
Andrej