[Users] Claws Mail 3.14.0 unleashed!!

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun Aug 7 16:47:53 CEST 2016

On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 10:42:25 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Just so I understand: ~/.claws-mail/passwordstorerc should be owned by
> the normal user whose home directory is ~, and it should be
> permissioned either 400 or 600 so that nobody else can look at it,
> right? And any backup procedure should be based on the fact that it can
> be read only by its owner or root, right?

Yes, the best permissions for the file are 600, just like accountrc
file where account passwords were stored until now, or few other files,
where various other passwords (e.g. LDAP addressbook, various plugin
passwords) were stored until now.

> One more thing: I use Claws-Mail strictly as a window into my local
> Dovecot IMAP server, and the only password I use is to the Dovecot
> server, so given my situation, this change won't affect me, right?

Ideally, this change won't affect anyone, the passwords should be moved
without user intervention.

Regards,
--
Andrej