[Users] understanding my debug output

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 4 18:01:12 CEST 2016

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 17:44:15 +0200
<c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> I found some things in my debug output I don't understand.
>
> Here are just two of them.
>
> 1.
> prefs_gtk.c:1005:new section '#rssyl/Meine Feeds/.All Feeds.2much'
>
> I tested rssyl years ago but it is deinstalled. This folder does not
> exists in my filesystem. So why is it still in debug output? Why does
> claws take care of something that doesn't exsits?

It's not taking care of anything, just informing you of what's in your
configuration files.

> 2.
> main.c:895:The name com.google.code.Awn was not provided by
> any .service files
>
> I am not aware of using anything with google. It scares me when I find
> "google" in my debug output. Why is it there?
> I never used a account on google or google-code. From time to time I
> subscribe (per mail!) to mailinglists hosted hat google-code.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/avant-window-navigator/

It's just a program which can be used via D-Bus, but you don't have
installed, hence the message (just in case you're afraid of clicking the
link ;-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones