[Users] Version 16.04

Neil Winchurst senex at drofle.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 19:36:53 CEST 2016

I have just had a look at the new version of Xubuntu. I did this by
burning it to a USB stick and running from there. I have not
installed it.

My first impression is, what a disaster, but perhaps that is just me.
Has anyone else had a look yet? For a start the only way I found to
install some new software was via a terminal. So I installed synaptic
using that  and then used it to add other items. I could not get the
new software manager to find anything that was not already installed.
Again, perhaps it is just me.

My current version is 14.04 (I concentrate on the LTS versions) so
perhaps there have been lots of changes along the way that I have
missed.

I have also had a look at Mint Rosa Xfce version and that looks great.
So, has anyone had a go at version 16.04?

Just wondering,

Neil