[Users] How do I identify and fix errors

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Apr 27 05:53:45 CEST 2016

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 02:38:49 +0000
witmer at nctv.com wrote:

> Although I was receiving mail on claws-mail for a while, I must have
> changed something in error and I get an error message both from
> sending and receiving. What can I do?

That depends on what the error is. It may be something you have no
control over. Absent the error message, we can only guess. Since you
said you get the error messages during both sending and receiving, I am
guessing there is an account configuration issue.

Check your account configuration information to be sure it didn't
inadvertently change.

I am guessing here. Assuming you are on Linux, check
~/.clawsmail/accountrc against ~/.clawsmail/accountrc.bak
~/.clawsmail/accountrc is the file where claws-mail keeps your account
information.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV