[Users] Insert browser URL link into open 'compose' mail -- the "smartphone chat" way

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Apr 24 10:56:47 CEST 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 23:00:54 -0400, Michael A. Yetto wrote:
>When the page is opened in Firefox just go to the menu bar and
>select "File / Email Link..." and your MUA of choice will open a
>new message with the URL in the body.
>
>If that is too difficult for your correspondents I'd have to
>wonder about the worth of their correspondence.

The "mailto" feature isn't available for all browsers and for those who
provide it, ensure that it's either the used default or at least
available by the list of mailers. I doubt that your users (the OP's
users) know the path /usr/bin/claws-mail. However, for Firefox this
indeed is the easiest solution. It requires to view the menu bar or to
customize the "Open menu"-thingy, assumed a menu bar is unwanted.