[Users] Wiped out my Inbox - Recovery?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 02:08:38 CEST 2016

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 17:03:19 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>Right now my first problem is figuring out where exactly Claws-Mail
>stores the messages. The computer is Xubuntu 14.04 up to date and Claws
>Mail is 3.9.3. There is a .claws-mail folder in ~/ but none of the
>subfolders have enough data in them to be where Claws-Mail is storing
>the messages. There are also ~/Mail and ~/Mail.old folders but, again,
>neither seems to have the actual messages. I have probably a thousand
>e-mails that have been saved in numerous folders over the years,
>including on named 'Claws-Mail,' for example. This must amount to a
>fair number of bytes, but I can't find the actual messages anywhere.

Never mind, I finally found the mail. But the Inbox folder has only the
few messages received since the wipeout. It appears that the mail is
lost, unless Claws-Mail makes an automatic backup someplace. And yes, I
do back up my system, but the most recent backup probably has only
about half the mails that were in the Inbox.