[Users] Wiped out my Inbox - Recovery?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 23:46:06 CEST 2016

I have always had all new mail go into my Inbox, read it or delete it
there, and later move the messages that I want to save to appropriate
storage folders.

Just now I created a new filter and applied it to the Inbox, and it
wiped out everything in the folder - over a hundred messages that I was
saving, but hadn't yet moved to other folders. Fortunately, it wiped
out only the Inbox; it left the storage folders intact. Obviously
something in the way I wrote the filter was wrong.

Is there any way to recover the messages in my Inbox?