[Users] Clwas GIT - Automatic Account Selection on compose not working / behaviour changed

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Apr 5 12:41:25 CEST 2016

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:46:54 +0200
Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

> Claws GIT always uses the account selected in the lower right corner
> when composing messages. Before it would use the sender address of the
> currently selected folder, which I find to be a lot more useful.
>
> Seems like this is the change in question, what is the rational for
> this change?
>
> commit e7308b6264bf5d3d27c3f8270356b001ab4731c4
> Author: Paul <paul at claws-mail.org>
> Date:   Tue Feb 2 13:06:03 2016 +0000
>
>     fix Compose account selection when imap folder is selected
>
>     don't just select the imap account, ignoring default account et al

AFAIK it was to honor global "default account" setting.

To override it, you can set a correct "default account" for your IMAP
folder tree. You can do it comfortably for the entire folder tree in
folder properties of your IMAP root folder (Compose page) and enable
"Apply to subfolders".

Regards,
--
Andrej