[Users] {Bug 3630] Ubuntu PPA very much out of date

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Apr 4 13:30:42 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 03:23:26AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 02:28:20 +0200, Ricardo Mones wrote:
> >Building is done with just one command
>
> Nonsense, it's not possible to build a Debian package by just running a
> single command, you need to write a rules and control file.

Ah, so you said building a package but meant debianising an upstream...
yep, that's different, though not much different from writting the
variables and functions of a PKGBUILD file, aren't they? :)

> >That's not explaining why Claws Mail documentation is missing from
> >Arch packages.
>
> If you noticed it and assumed you are missing it for the Arch packages,
> then why didn't you file a bug report?
>
> I did it for you:
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48804

Thanks, answering your question: I waste already enough time with Debian
bugs and Claws Mail bugs, I leave other distros to other people ;-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~