[Users] Absolutely OT: Red "S" in message Status field

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 09:32:12 CEST 2016

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 00:08:05 -0500
»Q« <boxcars at gmx.net> wrote:

> And yet you have, multiple times.

I am the mailing list administrator, so that gives me a
responsibility and, yes, that means I can write multiple times if I
think I need to.

>  Is it that only people who agree
> with you should weigh in?

Since my point all along, both directly and indirectly, was to drop
the off-topic chit-chat, then those who agree with me would be the
ones not weighing in, right? :)

> > > IMO Steve and Liz are right,
> >
> > What are they right about in their hypothetical theorising?
>
> I've just been informed that it's important for me *not* to weigh
> in, so I'm in a bit of a quandary about whether you want me to
> respond to your arguments or not.  But I think you've misunderstood
> what I was talking about anyway;  see below.
>
> > Michael had already solved the problem before either Steve or Liz
> > responded. And that's right?!?
>
> This digression about what's is or isn't good troubleshooting
> happened because of Ralf's unwarranted griping;  Steve and Liz were
> responding downthread from Ralf, not responding to the OP's issue.

It is these off-topic digressions which have no place here, along
with the other items I listed previously.

with regards

Paul