[Users] {Bug 3630] Ubuntu PPA very much out of date & Re: Gpgme Claws Mail module

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Apr 3 20:03:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

please don't send off-list and don't reply to me with CCing the
list or vise versa CCing me, reply to the mailing list only.

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 10:39:27 -0300, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
>Sorry if this is a silly question, but how to purge the almost 200
>packages this command [2] installs after building claws?

Copy and save the list of packages, or get it from the log file using

echo $(cat /var/log/dpkg.log|grep install|grep -v half-installed|grep 16-04-03|cut -d" " -f5|cut -d":" -f1)
                                                    add the date here ^^^^^^^^

and later paste it to

sudo apt-get purge <list of packages>

be careful, but consider to run

sudo apt-get autoremove

too

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 16:39:18 +0200 (CEST), tiger34 at free.fr wrote:
>I tried ldconfig, it returned nothing and the man page is not clear to
>me what command I should build.

As already pointed out by my other reply ldconfig isn't needed to
access the plugins. However, ldconfig doesn't provide output, this is
normal.

>First, I ran ./configure with no arguments, then I ran again with
>prefix=/usr as a result, I can find libgpgme.so in /usr/local/lib
>AND /usr/lib

Uninstall everything you compiled on your own...

>What do you think about getting claws-mail git reprository to build ?
>Would it be a good idea ?

...and follow the advice to install the Ubuntu packages, as mentioned
by Andreas and Paul.

Regards,
Ralf