[Users] Gpgme Claws Mail module

tiger34 at free.fr tiger34 at free.fr
Sun Apr 3 14:25:56 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I would like some help to be able to load Gpgme module in Claws Mail "Configuration/Modules UI" to be able to use Claws mail and Gpg.

Here is what I've done.

- I run Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- I installed Claws Mail 3.9.3 using Ubuntu UI.
  If I do now an "apt-get install claws-mail" it says I've already the latest version.
- When I saw I had no Gpg modules loaded, I went to the indicated URL (http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php) to follow the process.
- So I downloaded gpgme-1.6.0.tar.bz2 and when I ran a ./configure, it told me to get libassuan and libgpg-error
  So I went to ftp.gnupg and I got libassuan-2.4.2.tar.bz2 and libgppg-error-1.21.tar.gz
  For both I ran ./configure, make, make install
  So finally I could run on Gpgme-1.6.0 ./configure, make, make install

  I didn't notice any error.
  So now I should be able to load one of these files (pgpinline.so, pgpcore.so, pgpmime.so, smime.so) in Claws Mail modules UI, but I can't find any on my hard disk.

  To be complete Ubuntu has already Gnupg 1.4.16 installed and apt-get says it's the latest version that it can get.

  A last information that might explain the issue I get, when I run Kleopatra, at self-tests it says for "gpg-agent connectivity" that there's an unexpected error.

So, at your opinions, what should I do now to have a chance to load a gpg module in Claws Mail to be able to use gpg within Claws Mail ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.