[Users] Deleting one long thread

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Sep 30 16:20:19 CEST 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:21:40 +0200
Francis Moreau wrote:

> I was just suggesting that the default behaviour should be changed
> because it currently doesnt make sense to me.

It's a more significant problem if deleting a collapsed thread deletes
things you can't see are selected (the children of the parent) rather
than just the thing you have specifically selected (the parent message).

If you are saying that you'd like to have Delete thread entry added to
the context menu brought up with a right click, or maybe when you hit
Delete you get a choice of parent/thread then I would see this as an
reasonable request but I have to say that it's unusual for me to delete
a complete thread so I rarely run into the issue you are raising.

The developers are quite keen on not adding excessive menu entries in
general, they prefer to keep the number down to regularly used items. I
don't know if they view this change as suitable for the default case.

--

Brian Morrison