[Users] How do I run Claws with mail folders on an external hard drive?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 09:24:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:12:55 -0400
Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> My Claws mail folders are currently in:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence London\Application
> Data\Claws-mail\imapcache
> How do I move the folders to an external hard drive and tell Claws
> where they are?

This is the config directory, it contains the imap cache and a lot of
other stuff. What you want to do is change the location of the config
directory.

You move the directory in the same manner you move any directory. You
tell Claws to use it by starting Claws Mail with the option

--alternate-config-dir [DIR]

where [DIR] is the full path to your config directory.

with regards

Paul