[Users] How do I run Claws with mail folders on an external hard drive?

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:07:36 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep "folder type=" .claws-mail/folderlist.xml
>     <folder type="mh" path="Claws Mail" sort="0" collapsed="0" name="Claws
> Mail">
>
> I share my POP accounts from an Arch Linux install, with an Ubuntu Linux
> install, by just creating links. Linking to an external drive should work
> for Windows, but I don't know what folder or folders to link when using
> Windows.

I am running Windows 8.1. The string in question does not exist in
folderlist.xml.
It would be nice if I could create a Unix symbolic link to the mail
filesystem
but even if Win powershell could do it I am not sure Claws would recognize
it, but maybe so,
I doubt this is the way to go about it. I have done it before on another
machine and it worked perfectly,
I just forgot how I did it but it was based on advice from this forum. I
will look at the other machine and see if I can see how I did it.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com