[Users] Maintaining local mailboxes

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Sep 15 21:34:39 CEST 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:10:45 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> 2) Via a firewall pinhole, I can access it while on the road. No need
>    to re-sync when I get home.

I was running my own Dovecot running on localhost, but gave up on it
since it's mor complicated setup and have need to (occasionally) access
my email from Androidp phone which means that my machine should be
online 24/7, right?

> 3) I populate it via a fetchmail->procmail pipe, meaning I can make my
>    filters via procmail recipes. These filters are trivial to back up,
>    and are email client agnostic.

I used getmail/maildrop which I personally find nicer.

> 5) If Claws-Mail ever transitions into garbage,

It is around for quite some time and so far I never had seen that devs
are doing rapid changes...

> the way Kmail did a decade ago,

as it happened with KMail, afaict (I never really used it as email
client).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly.