[Users] Saving copy of outgoing emails to current folder does not work

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 08:13:20 CEST 2015

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 21:48:23 +0200
Francis Moreau <francis.moro at gmail.com> wrote:

> In properties of INBOX folder -> Compose , I selected "Save copy of
> outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent". But this has no
> effect.
>
> I also tried to use Configuration -> Preference for current account
> -> Advanced and selected "Put sent messages in "#imap/xxx/INBOX",
> but also doesn't work.
>
> I'm not sure why there're 2 different ways to achieve the same
> purpose though.

Since you think it's 2 options for the same (it's not) then it
suggests that it's user error.

The folder preference works when you have that folder open and are
replying or composing a new message.

The account preference is regardless of where you are on your folder
tree, unless you are in a folder that has the folder pref set, as
the folder pref has precedence.

with regards

Paul