[Users] Information from Gpg seems wrong

Ron Rogers Jr. cronocloudauron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:25:16 CET 2015

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:39:21 +0100
Andreas Ronnquist <gusnan.mailinglists at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:23:36 +0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I think that is caused by a failed transition by GunPG of old
> >format keyrings to the new format in GnuPG 2.1.x, this happens
> >when old keys use ciphers that are not supported by GnuPG 2.1.
> >

> Well, I am running gpg 1.4.18, and gpg2 version 2.0.26, both
> directly from the Debian stable repositories.
>
> /Andreas

I had the same issue, some time back.  Here's the fix I used:

cp -r ~/.gnupg ~/gpgOLD
gpg --export-ownertrust > ~/gpgOLD/otrust.txt
mkdir ~/gpgNEW
chmod 700 ~/gpgNEW
export GNUPGHOME=~/gpgNEW
gpg --import gpgOLD/pubring.gpg
gpg --import gpgOLD/secring.gpg
gpg --import-ownertrust ~/gpgOLD/otrust.txt

cd ~/.gnupg
gpg --export-ownertrust >otrust.lst
cp pubring.gpg publickeys
gpg2 --import-options import-local-sigs --import publickeys
gpg2 --import-ownertrust otrust.lst

That should do the trick.

CronoCloud