[Users] Importing PGP keys

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:05:20 CEST 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:41:57 +0100, Cliff Laine wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:33:32 +0100
>Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:45:07 +0100
>> Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm trying to get to grips with CM's PGP plugins
>>
>> I think the first thing to do is learn about how GnuPG works.
>>

>Yes, it's back to school about this. I have probably been using gpg4usb
>without understanding the principles. (Although, I use the telephone
>and a record player without understanding how those work either :) )

But you perhaps don't expect secure privacy and/or ownership validation
when using a telephone or record player, while you expect a high level
of security, when using encryption or signing emails, source code and
all kinds of computer data. And you know how to use your telephone and
record player.

You don't need to understand the source code of the pgp tools you
are using, you need to learn how to use them correctly.

Regards,
Ralf