[Users] Importing PGP keys

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:38:41 CEST 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:25:03 +0100, Paul wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:45:07 +0100
>Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
>
>> Could anyone tell me how to import keys into CM
>
>You don't import them into Claws, you import them into your gpg
>keyring.

... and this could be done by command line, e.g. using an alias

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep "alias gkey" .bashrc
alias gkey='gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.uni-mainz.de --recv-keys'

or by creating an action, that automatically will get the ID and import
it.

You could copy and paste the commands provided by Paul. Once you
created that action, you never again need to copy and paste it, you
only have to click the action.

But again, be aware that it only makes sense, if you understand how gpg
works to sign something, resp. to check something that is singned. Just
downloading public keys, without owning keys to verify ownership of
those keys, is good for absolutely nothing.