[Users] Importing PGP keys

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:02:14 CEST 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:52:38 +0100, Cliff Laine wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:45:07 +0100
>Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
>

>> Could anyone tell me how to import keys into CM -- preferably from a
>> GUI rather than a command line ? I've got gnupg on my system.
>>

>I mean -- is there an easier way that the huge long command that
>someone called Paul (I wonder :) ) posted in the first comment:
>
>* inline-signed
>Create an Action (/Configuration/Actions) that has the following
>  command, changing the keyserver to suit your tastes: ID=`gpg --verify
>  %p 3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 |grep "key ID"|tr -d "[:space:]"|tail -c8`;echo
>  "==== Fetching $ID ===="; gpg --no-tty --keyserver wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
>  --recv-keys $ID
>
>Then, with the message selected and opened, run that Action
>(/Tools/Actions/...).

I never used encryption with Claws, but I already used encryption and
you seemingly are confusing a few things.

The passphrase thingy is related to your key and importing public keys
to decrypt mails is something else.

You only one time need to type the commands to import public keys,
later you only need to use the mouse and click the action that runs the
commands.