[Users] extended search shot circuit

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue Oct 20 09:31:31 CEST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:59:17 -0200, "Ethy H. Brito"
<ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:

> But my times are too high.
>
> I am using "f mr_doe & b some_word".
> It is running now for more than 5 minutes for a universe of 5500
> INBOX emails.

The problem is probably that Claws doesn't have (or doesn't think it
has) the email bodies cached.
Maybe you can check if it fetches bodies using the Network log.

Test on a little folder: if it fetches bodies again and again when you
do searches, there's a problem. If it does so only once, then it's
normal.

You can check "Synchronise for offline use" in folder properties to
have bodies automatically fetched.

> Is there a limit on the number of chained expressions?
> "... & ... & ... & ..." is a valid expression?
>
> I get a red background input field when I add the third "&"!

It should work.

--
Colin