[Users] Windows Mail folder location

Martin Hoehle mail1 at hoehle.net
Mon Oct 19 00:00:06 CEST 2015

> > Where does the Windows version of Claws store the mails / mailboxes ?
>
>Hello Martin,
>
>try looking at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\<mailboxname>",
>where mailboxname is however you named your local MH folder tree
>(default name is "Mail", if I recall correctly).
>
>Regards,
>--
>Andrej

Andrej,

thank you for your input, that has saved the day !

I would never have imagined that the Mail folder could be somewhere
else but under /Claws-mail and some of the docs I have found do say
so... In hindsight it's rather logical because the MH format could be
read by other programs as well and therefore should not "belong" to
CM in all cases.

Is there a way I can change the location where CM keeps the mail
database, to another partition for example ? I had a look at the
clawsrc config file but it does not seem to define the mail folder path.

Regards
Martin