[Users] Version 3.13

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:49:11 CEST 2015

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 16:50:58 +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
>This is showing esp when you have sorted your mail with newest on top,
>which is in *my* perception the *only* sensible way of sorting based on
>dates.

For a ring binder the newest on top makes sense, for mail clients it
IMO is more comfortable to have the newest at the bottom, if you sort
by date, because only then it's possible to display the mail that is
shown by the message view directly below the message selected by the
column view.

  Subject       From            vs  Subject       From
  ---------------------------       ---------------------------
  message foo 1 moo at reply.org       message foo 4 no at reply.org
  message foo 2 bar at reply.org       message foo 3 yps at reply.org
  message foo 3 yps at reply.org       message foo 2 bar at reply.org
  message foo 4 no at reply.org    4   message foo 1 moo at reply.org  1
  From: no at reply.org            4   From: no at reply.org           4
  Subject: message foo 4            Subject: message foo 4

  Hello,                            Hello,

  blablabla.                        blablabla.

  Regards,                          Regards,
  Me myself                         Me myself

  PS: This makes sense.             PS: This is confusing.

Regards,
Ralf