[Users] Deleting one long thread

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 14:17:04 CEST 2015

On Mi, 30.09.2015 14:21, Francis Moreau wrote:

>I was just suggesting that the default behaviour should be changed
>because it currently doesnt make sense to me.
>
>And the only answers were: you can customize the keybinding (out of
>topic), you can patch claws (seriously!).
>
>But none has tried to come with a valid use case.

For me, it makes perfect sense because threading is based on the
concept of linking. Deleting an item causes the links to be cut.

This is different to the concept of containers, where the children are
deleted if you delete the container.

That's why it makes sense that deleting e.g. a folder in a file browser
also deletes the items contained in this folder, but deleting an email
message (even if it is part of a thread) does not delete other email
messages.

Holger