[Users] claws-mail-plugins-geolocation will not built

Michael Schwendt bugreporter at abwesend.de
Fri Oct 2 12:11:17 CEST 2015

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 19:46:14 +0200, Luigi Votta wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to build claws-mail (3.13.0) and its plugins on Fedora 22.
> All seems to go, except the geolocation plugin, because of some
> missings, as claimed by configure.log:
>
> $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "champlain-gtk-0.8 0.8.0"
> Package champlain-gtk-0.8 was not found in the pkg-config search
> path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> champlain-gtk-0.8.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> No package 'champlain-gtk-0.8' found
>
> Package clutter-gtk-0.10 was not found in the pkg-config search
> path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> `clutter-gtk-0.10.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> No package 'clutter-gtk-0.10' found
>
> These versions are installed:
> libchamplain-gtk-devel-0.12.10-1.fc22.i686
> clutter-gtk-devel-1.6.2-1.fc22.i686.
>
> Any help?

Kinda strange to ask the same question that has been answered before
on Fedora's devel@ list:

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-October/215259.html

The spec file points out that libchamplain-gtk at Fedora is gtk3 based
while Claws Mail is gtk2 based. The built plugin package also includes
a README.Fedora file that says this:

  Cannot build this with libchamplain-gtk and clutter-gtk using gtk3 and
  Claws Mail using gtk2 (bugzilla 758173 and 662800).

It's like this since 2013, because nobody has looked into packaging an
older and gtk2-compatible libchamplain*.