[Users] Question re: "dirty"

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Mon Nov 16 01:20:01 CET 2015

I typically do "git pull --all" to a cleaned claws directory, then the usual compile, install whenever several bug fixes have been applied to claws. Sometimes, but not always, the version contains the word "dirty" (Such as the current "version 3.13.0-72-g031446-dirty"). Does this mean there are known bugs - or suspected bugs - or what?

I do the updates to have the latest bug fixes and to support the developers by testing claws in a working environment. But when I see "dirty" in the version, it makes me mildly nervous. Should I be concerned?

Cheers,
Lyle
--
73      AF6WS