[Users] Duplicate messages and crashes

gabble gabble at gmx.com
Mon Nov 9 14:57:13 CET 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:47:08 +0100
gabble <gabble at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:21:40 +0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 11:03:57 +0100
> > gabble <gabble at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > > servers. for the webaim list that stared the whole thing i use
> > > gmx.com and i do have several addresses there. but it has also
> > > happened with other mail servers. the thing sort of spread. not
> > > that it is impossible that several servers are poorly configured,
> > > maybe it's even likely.
> >
> > Check the debug output, you will see something there relating to
> > UIDL. Share what it says regarding UIDL or uidl.
>
> how do i do that? found this in the faq. is that what i should do?
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg

i downloaded windbg, but i don't know how to use it. instructions for how to use it with claws somewhere?

good times didn't last. now claws sometimes crashes after having fetched mail and then won't let me touch the affected (by what?) mailboxes. for a while deleting the cache fixed it. today i could touch no mailbox other then the default ones (in, sent and so on). by accident i discovered that marking all posts in each mailbox as read now fixes the problem. most often everything is ok until claws is closed again. At least i think so, the mess usually starts after rebooting the machine and then i keep claws open and my fingers crossed. At one occasion claws also recreated some newly deleted posts.

clearly this isn't working. should i reinstall? try an older version, considering i'm on xp and can't do anything about that atm? if i take that route, can i just let the mail folder be where it is (default location) and claws will see it? should i leave or delete the 'special' files in each folder (.claws_cache, .claws_mark, .mh_sequences)?

please help!
Cherlotte