[Users] Signature position

JoHnY sylpheed at 2600.sk
Sun Nov 1 13:33:08 CET 2015

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 11:17:18 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> Since you make the comparison with sylpheed then  I'll point out
> that this is no different in sylpheed.

I'm not quite sure what do you mean, templates might work the same, but on the other hand I have the option of having the signature above the quoted text, which effectively solves my problem. I don't need to use templates at all, that would only be a workoround in claws mail, since it doesn't have the above mentioned option.

> However, in Claws you do have
> alternatives. If using account reply templates does not satisfy you,
> then you could filter your mails into folders and from the folder
> properties you can set a default account and templates.

Actually, I do this already (using the auto account selection you mentioned later) and it works if I reply and want to use that particular account. However, if I compose a new message from the default inbox, I'll get the default account with the default account's template. When I then need to switch the sending account, the template stays the same. Same situation comes up if I reply, but want to use a different account (which does not happen often, but sometimes it does).

> Another
> option is using the general templates, which you can apply in the
> Compose window.

Of course, but I need to delete the old signature and them make two unnecessary clicks to get a new signature. Very uncomfortable.

> Just to be clear, I am suggesting that you turn off the account
> option to automatically insert the signature and instead use
> Templates to insert the signature where you want it.

Of course.

> All of these methods will allow you to place the signature above the
> quoted message.

Yes, but it does not change the signature automatically once I switch the account in the compose window, which is what I want.
I just don't want to perform unnecessary steps for things that can be done automatically, so I wanted to know if there's any chance that such a simple feature will be implemented, as it would be just a very simple change.

> with regards
>
> Paul

Best regards,
Jan