[Users] Spellchecking is broken

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun May 31 14:49:42 CEST 2015

Hi,

to get rid of "error: unknown encoding UTF8: using iso88591 as
fallback" I needed to change UTF8 to UTF-8
in /usr/share/hunspell/en_US.aff.

Now some words can't be used with upper case. The words "Now" and "The"
are marked as incorrect, while "now" and "the" are still ok.

I also got "error: unknown encoding UTF8: using iso88591 as
fallback" when using Evolution, but after changing UTF8 to UTF-8
Evolution's spell checking is still ok.

My English is broken, but I suspect beginning a sentence with "My" or
"The" should be ok. Btw. "Evolution's" is also marked as wrong, while
"Evolution" is "Ok".

:(

Any ideas?

$ pacman -Q claws-mail-git hunspell