[Users] Setup Problem(s)

Charles Lipton crlipton at gol.com
Thu May 21 07:12:25 CEST 2015

Firstly, I wanted to thank Paul for responding to my question about
re-indexing mailboxes.  That problem has been solved, but it turned out
that the main cause of my not seeing the re-index command was that my
Inbox and a few subdirectories had changed ownership to root and had to
be switched back to user.

CURRENT PROBLEMS:

I decided to do a clean install of Claws 3.11.1 on a Debian Jessie LXDE
desktop, which included creating an all-new configuration and filter
rules files.  I am continuing to experience a couple of problems and
don't seen to be able to find the right setup tools to fix them:

- If I leave a desktop other than my Claws Mail desktop active / on
  top, the Receive window remains open, mail is not downloaded or
  sorted, but the mail count is updated to the latest number of
  incoming messages on my provider's server.

  It remains visible on the desktop and in the toolbar window denoting
  available desktops. When I click the toolbar "desktop" square to
  switch to the Claws Mail desktop, it immediately completes
  downloading, filtering, sorting, and the Receive window closes.

  Is there a way to have downloading and filtering functions complete
  even when the Claws Mail desktop is not on top? This was never an
  issue in any previous version.

- I keep Iceweasel open on a different desktop.  In previous
  incarnations, clicking on a link caused the page to open in a new tab
  and the view to switch that tab on the Iceweasel desktop.  I can get
  a new tab to open but have to manually switch desktops, then switch
  tabs.  Is there a way to automate this -- I've tried the commands I
  can find, but haven't hit on the right option, yet.

- One comment:  Bogofilter -- The setup instructions for filtering
  were unclear for me.  It didn't learn when I highlighted incoming
  mail and used the "Learn as Ham" option from the toolbar button. When
  I highlighted the saved messages in my saved message folders and did
  "Message -> Mark -> Mark as Ham" from the pulldown menu, Bogofilter
  started filtering on the next mail check.

  Maybe someone can make a note to clarify that whenever the warning
  popup for Bogofilter is re-written ... or make using the toolbar
  button do the same thing as using the pulldown menu.

--
Charles Lipton
crlipton at gol.com