[Users] More generally: PGP in Claws

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Mon May 18 19:17:20 CEST 2015

Ahoj,

Dňa Mon, 18 May 2015 17:27:50 +0200 Ralf Hutter <rhutter at posteo.de>
napísal:

> Hi everybody,
> i've not been using Claws for a long time. I have more experience with
> Thunderbird. My problem is that Claws has no interface for
> gpg-key-administration. Do you encrypt emails and administer the
> gpg-keys via command line? If not: How do you import keys, be it from
> an email, the internet or a storage device?

I am using CM for years and i am using Thunderbird on Windows machines
in my job. I have a problem on Windows, because working in Windows
command line is terrible, then there i see simple GnuPG interface in
Enigmail as useful. But this GUI is pretty simple and it allows only
basic key management (see below).

On my Linux machines (home desktop, servers) i prefer to use tools,
which provides access to all functions, then yes, i use shell
interface mostly. It is no as problem as it seems, because my public
key i have exported in the file (when key is created/udpated), then i
can simply attach it. To import key from attachment i use "Open with"
with command "gpg --import", or one can save it to disk and import
it from there...

I do not use the default key (with one master key and one subkey for
encryption), i prefer separate subkeys for encryption and for signing,
which allow me securely share the same key on more machines and have
only one machine with master key for certification, but this is not
possible from Enigmail GUI (or i don't know it)...

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk