[Users] A Clawsker query

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sat May 9 20:09:01 CEST 2015

Hi Renaud,

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 07:06:36PM -0400, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> I go to the menu Tools => Actions > Clawsker, and get an error window with:
> "Error: seems Claws Mail is currently running, close it first."
>
> How am I supposed to launch it with Claws-Mail not running, what is the
> point of having it as a menu item if it cannot run ?

You're not supposed to do that yet. For that to work it's needed support from
Claws Mail: re-reading the whole config after calling it, and support from
Clawsker itself: not to warn when invoked with Claws Mail running :)

As I imagine this it would need a special option on Tools maybe, but never
as an action, at least as currently implemented. Not sure why do you have
such action. If is a distro thing, as Ralf suggests, the best you can do is
ask them to remove it.

There's no RFE for this, so I guess is not a common use case, anyway,
patches are also welcome ;-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones