[Users] Extended search recall should start at newest

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat Mar 14 19:38:34 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:21:51 -0700,
Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

Steve> On the extended search facility, when you click the little
Steve> down-pointing triangle to get a list of previous searches, the
Steve> highlight is at the oldest search, so that you need to scroll up
Steve> to the top every time, and this scroll has no scrollbar, only one
Steve> of those notoriously slow "hover on top" scrolls.

Ricardo> Here most recent is shown first on the dropdown list and
Ricardo> there's no highlight of any item until I move the pointer to
Ricardo> one of them.

Chad> That's funny, because in mine (3.8.1 from Wheezy) it shows most
Chad> recent first as well.  So, either it broke between 3.8.1 and
Chad> 3.10.1 and was fixed by 3.11.1, or it's caused by something else,
Chad> like gtk.

Here: most recent first, no highlight, no scrollbar.  (Although the
latter may be just because there are not enough items.)

Claws 3.11.1, gtk 2.24.10.  I too think that the gtk version is what
matters here.