[Users] Collecting email addresses

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Mar 4 18:54:50 CET 2015

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 09:38:46 -0800
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to collect the email addresses that the emails that are
> received. Not who sent it, but who they are sent to.
>
> I want to tighten the mail server and only accept email for the valid
> users and their aliases and cut on the number of aliases.

This sounds like you need to look at the mail server logs and find the
local addresses for which you have accepted mail. That may not be
completely perfect, but equally looking at the to address might not
help because really you need the envelope-to: address that the SMTP
server used to pass it on, not what is written in the To: header of the
email. Some mail might have both, but I doubt it will be all.

--

Brian Morrison