[Users] low_logger crash / mailstream.c

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Mar 4 01:56:09 CET 2015

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 01:37:54 +0100
Michael Schwendt <bugreporter at abwesend.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:57:05 +0000, Paul wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:46:31 +0100
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > > The reporter refers to an interrupted IMAP connection, however, not
> > > NNTP. Any ideas?
> >
> > Again, looks like a libetpan bug and not a Claws bug.
>
> It's the same crash as in
>
>   https://github.com/dinhviethoa/libetpan/issues/165
>
> and there it says "It should be fixed on Claws Mail end".
>
> Going in circles. :-(
>
> What am I missing? libetpan 1.6 and Claws Mail 3.11.1.

Regarding that issue the Claws Mail code is still not using the call(s)
suggested by Hoa on it. As also commented there that would require libetpan
1.6 for building (which probably leaves out several distros) *and* rewriting
the code in Claws Mail to use the logger setters (that's the easy part).

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~