[Users] Odd text on stdout at startup

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 25 22:07:20 CEST 2015

I have been seeing an odd output on stdout when I start claws-mail in a
terminal. It consists of two names, first and last, but with spaces
removed, like so: "fredflintstonebarnyrubble". For privacy
considerations, I'm not using the real names.

So I tracked down the only file in ~/.claws-mail that had both names,
quicksearch_history. I then shut claws-mail down, removed the two
names, and started claws-mail up again. No output on stdout this time.
Also, I noticed that the two names were the only entries in the file
with white spaces in them.

I then stopped claws-mail, edited the two names back in, restarted
claws-mail, and there they were.

Again, but this time I took only the spaces out. No output on stdout.

I wonder if this isn't a debug message that was accidentally left in
the code. I know I've done that.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV