[Users] Creating a new email account is difficult [a suggestion for improvement]

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Jun 25 01:47:50 CEST 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:27:32 -0700
walt <w41ter at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello walt,

>After much cursing and hair-pulling I figured out that most of my
>trouble was because claws defaulted to using wrong port numbers
>when talking to the mail servers, e.g. port 25 instead of 465, etc.

If you tell CM to use SSL, it sets the correct port numbers for you(1).
No need to enter them manually.

(1)  Assuming that the server you're connecting with uses the standard
ports.  *that's* why the port number setting are on an 'advanced' page.

--
 Regards  _
We don't need no-one to tell us what's right or wrong