[Users] Claws SSL connection problem -Thanks for response

Peter peterb51 at inbox.com
Wed Jun 24 10:39:01 CEST 2015

Hi

Thanks to Michael, Mike and Abhay for your responses. Yes I use windows
7 and the Claws version is 3.9.1.
I now understand that Claws may or may not go forward to make it work
with windows. I was keen to use Claws because of privacy/security
features. I will look for an alternative.
It may be worthwhile putting a note on the download site about the
SSL/TLS  and Windows. It will save your time in having to answer my type
of query and it helps users avoid some frustration in sorting out the
connection issue.

Again thanks for your help

Hi,
I hope I'm in the right place for my problem. I've looked at the
support/documentation available but couldn't find a solution.
I'm having trouble connecting Claws to my email account at inbox.com
over SSL/TLS.

Claws works OK in/out with the pop port =110 & smtp 25. It doesn't work
over SSL/TLS. with the settings as per the attached screenshots of
config tabs.
The account works with the Thunderbird client over SSL/TLS. ports
995/465. So its not a server connection issue.
The Claws log message in trying to receive is "SSL handshake failed".
In trying to send, it times out (even after extending the wait time).
Also tried StarTTLS option but it just timed out.
I'm keen to use Claws.
Hoping someone can help.

Can't remember your password? Do you need a strong and secure password?
Use Password manager! It stores your passwords & protects your account.
Check it out at http://mysecurelogon.com/password-manager