[Users] Can't check S/Mime signatures with Claws 3.11.1 on Ubuntu 14.02

Jan Willamowius jan at willamowius.de
Fri Jun 19 18:26:36 CEST 2015

Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:08:51 +0200
> Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:02:49 +0200
> > Jan Willamowius <jan at willamowius.de> wrote:
> >

> > > What makes the gnome-keyring incompatible with Claws S/Mime plugin ?
> > >
> > gnome-keyring starts services for GPG, SSH etc which shadows gpg-agent.
> > Claws-mail needs the gpg-agent versions of the services and not the
> > gnome-keyring counter parts.
> >
> When gnome-keyring is installed this is what I see when I start gpa:
>
> [image]

I don't see such an error message and I see all keys. Still no luck
with S/Mime signatures in Claws.

I have running one gpg-agent process. What other interfering processes
should I be looking for ? I see a polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
process.

Shouldn't there be a way to select / configure the 'correct' agent for
Claws ?

Regards,
Jan

--