[Users] Newbie how to save plain text

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 12:12:23 CEST 2015

Hi David,

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 01:28:12 -0400
David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm looking for a way to hit save on a message and get plain
> text as a result of the operation, but so far I've only gotten
> uuencoded | base64 ? text.

The simplest way, if you want to save the text from the message part
only is to right-click its mime icon (to the right of the message)
and choose 'save as'.

If you want to save some or all of the headers (From, Date, Subject,
etc) along with the decoded base64 text body, you can do that with
Actions.

Create an Action with Menu Name 'Save as...' and use this command:

echo "%s" > %u

To use this you need to select the text that you want to be saved,
(represented by %s in the command), run the Action,
(Tools/Actions/Save as...). A dialogue will appear in which you
write the full path, (e.g. /home/user/savedMails/my_saved_mail).
(The %u is what prompts for this path via a dialogue.)

No need for any MBOXing just to save a message!

with regards

Paul