[Users] OT: BUG with update marking all email as "read"

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Sat Jun 13 03:46:46 CEST 2015

On Sat, 9 May 2015 12:59:44 -0500
»Q« <boxcars at gmx.net> wrote:

> IOW, all descendants of any grimm post will have the string
> "grimm.local.home" in their References headers.
>
> So a rule can look for that string in the References header;  when
> there's a match it can put a copy where you will see it, make it a
> funny color, and/or call an external program to play a loud "You've got
> Claws list mail!"
>
> Looks like maybe you would also need the rule to match
> "gandalf.local.home" -- I'm guessing that's produced by a different
> machine of yours.  (Not important, but there is something weird in your
> own headers that makes it look as though you were replying to a gandalf
> post when you were really replying to a Ralf (archlinux) post.  I don't
> need it confirmed, but I guess you redirected a mail from one machine
> to another before replying to it.)

Actually, my setup may be part of the issue claws is having. I run
dovecot on my main server that pulls my emails from various ISPs that
I have via fetchmail. Then I connect to dovecot via imap from my
workstations or laptops with claws-mail or evolution, although
I've pretty much stopped using evolution on these (gandalf is a work
station, grimm is one of my laptops). I'm currently writing
on gandalf. I could also be working on pippen, bilbo, or saruman (yes,
I'm a LoTR fan). I could also hook to my server with any of my android
devices. Note, only claws-mail clears my read emails. No other email
client has this issue. Thus, it is specific to claws-mail.

I have over a hundred email folders, which half of them are subscribed
to lists. I noticed that most of those folders have (!) next to them :-)

Thus, again, this is the first time I seen these emails.

> Please don't CC me.  ;)

This time I didn't.

-- Steve