[Users] Claws-mail silent on failure to get mail

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Jun 10 14:45:23 CEST 2015

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015 10:28:20 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:

> I have several web sites all hosted at the same hosting service.
> Several of them have associated email accounts. This account is one of
> them, and it works just fine.

I have a partial success. I went to one of the machines that has Debian
8, and therefor claws-mail 3.11.1-3. I removed the old configuration
for the new account, and re-entered it. (The auto-configuration tool
failed.) That worked to the point that I can now see the mail folders
on the server. I should be able to set up filtering and other
customizations.

I say, partial success, because I am not yet ready to migrate entirely
to Debian 8.

So: Can I shut down claws-mail on both computers, and cut and paste the
new configuration from the new machine's accountrc into the old
machine's?

I diffed the two files. The newer version has two settings for all
accounts the older one does not have: gnutls_set_priority=0,
gnutls_priority=, and ssl_certs_auto_accept=0.

The difference in the two account setups seems to be that the 3.11
version has set_smtpport=0 and set_imapport=0, the older sets both to 1.
The manually set ports (465 and 993, respectively) are correct.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV