[Users] Claws-mail silent on failure to get mail

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Jun 5 18:28:20 CEST 2015

I have several web sites all hosted at the same hosting service.
Several of them have associated email accounts. This account is one of
them, and it works just fine.

I recently set up a new site at the same service, and a new email
account. I copied the setup item for item, with the obvious changes. I
can get mail for this account, and see the usual traffic in the network
log and stdout.

However, when I try the new account, I see nothing in the log and
stdout only shows "++ STATS ++ INC 0 0", exactly what this account
shows. I know there is mail for the new account because I sent two
emails to it, and I can see them in a web mail client on the server.

If there is an error, should I not see an error message?

Why do I not get any output in the log file?

Why do I not get any mail?

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV