[Users] Many problems with Claws-Mail 3.12

David BERCOT claws-mail at bercot.org
Sat Jul 25 10:50:54 CEST 2015

First of all : thank you for your quick answer !!!

Le Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:50:34 +0100,
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> a écrit :
> Your subject is wrong. You are talking about problems with the
> latest development version in GIT, and not version 3.12.0.

Ah, sorry... I use this version (with the hydra repository) for a long
time...

> On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 09:15:11 +0200
> David BERCOT <claws-mail at bercot.org> wrote:
>
> > I have some recent problems with Claws-Mail... I'm under Debian and
> > my version is 3.12.0-20-gf0b735 (but it was the same with previous
> > 3.12 versions).
>
> Which previous versions precisely?

3.12.*

> > First of all, I have no decoration for the main window of
> > Claws-Mail !!! No title bar and no Gnome taskbar ! It's very
> > annoying ;-)
> > But this problem does not exist in composing window...
> > Claws-Mail is the only application with this problem (so, I suppose
> > it is not a Gnome issue)...
>
> You've pressed F11, shortcut for fullscreen mode. Press it again to
> get out of fullscreen mode.

Yes ! I'm stupid ;-) I use the F11 key to mute and I suppose there was
something wrong and CM gone to fullscreen mode...

> > Then, and it's new too, when I delete or move a mail (my messages
> > are sorted in a descending direction with the newer at the top), it
> > goes to the last message, at the end of the folder !!! Very
> > annoying too...
> >
> > And last, when I delete a mail with the "del" key, I have no
> > problem. But, when I use the context menu, Claws-Mail crashes...
> >
> > Do you have any idea for my problems ?
>
> Yes, it's been reported. I can't reproduce the crash, though.

OK. I'll wait...

Thanks again.

David.