[Users] Claws not sending e-mails.

peter jones peterjones2 at eircom.net
Wed Jul 15 23:16:57 CEST 2015

Hi, I have installed Claws on a windows 7 laptop, and having set up my email account I cannot send e-mail. I can received e-mail, but it doesn't make any difference what I change in the "Send" configuration mails will not send.

It seems that sending e-mails are being blocked by something called Spamhaus, and despite trying all the options described on the internet I still cannot send e-mails.

I have always used Outlook and have never had a problem configuring this program, but  I cannot get Claws to work at all.
I get the following messages -

[1] An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.1 <peterjones2 at eircom.net> Blacklisted by Spamhaus; http://spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=109.79.196.4";. Please check the message recipient "peterjones2 at eircom.net" and try again.

[2] An error happened during an SMTP session. Use "Send queued messages" from the main window to retry.

I wonder whether some-one may be able to suggest how to solve these problems to save me having to download MS Office just to install Outlook again.

Many thanks in advance.
Peter Jones.